Maybe you find yourself able to cook dinners paleo style now. But entertaining guests? Large groups? A fancy celebration like a wedding? Now that is tougher! I thought so too, which is why I want to share the wedding food that we had over the weekend. Surprisingly it was VERY paleo friendly.
My sister-in-law and mother-in-law created the menu. Although they are not exclusively paleo, they do try to avoid grains. As I passed through their buffet line with my plate, I was thrilled with the options:
- veggie and fruit trays
- spinach salad with strawberries, walnuts, and sweet dressing
- tropical skewers of grilled chicken, peppers, onions and pineapple
- steamed green beans tossed in butter and roasted almonds
- pork loin with mango chutney
- sweet potato medallions with green onions and cumin
To be truthful, the desserts were not at all paleo-friendly. But, I was so impressed with the main course that I didn’t begrudge anyone a cupcake, slice of dessert pizza, or cookie. I know desserts can be made paleo-style too. If you have dessert or entree ideas for a paleo celebration please share them. I will remember them for my next big event!